These Quick and Simple Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles are the ultimate summer treat! Made with fresh strawberries and homemade lemonade, each popsicle is refreshingly tart and sweet. Perfect for both kids and adults!
⭐ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Looking for popsicle recipes for kids and adults for a hot summer day? These Quick and Simple Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles are the perfect solution and great way to beat the warm weather! They’re easy to make with only 2 ingredients and will keep everyone refreshed all summer long.
You can always find a batch of strawberry popsicles in my fridge during the hot summer months. These tasty popsicles are the ultimate treat to cool down with and one of the best ways to use up bundles and bundles of fresh strawberries. The rest are going in my Strawberry Rhubarb Jam and Mini Strawberry Tartlets!
This easy recipe makes 10 popsicles but feel free to make multiple batches instead to prepare for a hot day. Play with custom flavors and add-ins each time! There are so many fun ways of making these summer popsicles the perfect fit for everyone’s taste buds.
The beauty of these strawberry popsicles is that they’re made with two easy ingredients: lemonade and strawberries. Both storebought lemonade and homemade lemonade will work just fine. Use my homemade lemonade recipe below if you want to take the tart flavors up a notch on a warm day!
Chopped strawberries give these popsicles a fresh berry flavor. They look good too! Fresh or frozen strawberries will do; just make sure you can chop or slice them before adding them to the popsicle molds.
📖 Step by Step Instructions
This 3-ingredient lemonade recipe is handy for those times when you or your kids are craving popsicles but there’s no time to run to the store for lemonade. Here’s how it’s done:
Step 1: Make simple syrup. Simmer water and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved. Take it off the heat and let it cool completely.
Step 2: Combine with water and lemon juice. Pour the cooled simple syrup, water, and freshly squeezed lemon juice into a pitcher. Stir to combine.
Strawberry lemonade popsicles
It’s so easy! You can have refreshing and tart homemade popsicles in just 4 simple steps:
Step 1: Toss the strawberries in the molds. Fill each popsicle mold with the chopped or sliced strawberries.
Step 2: Add the lemonade. Pour the lemonade over the strawberries until it reaches the top of the mold.
Step 3: Leave them to freeze. Top the molds with their covers and place the popsicles in the freezer. Leave them in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight for the best results.
Step 4: Remove from the molds and enjoy! Run the base of the ice-cold molds under warm running water to help loosen the popsicles. Take one or all of them out, then enjoy!
⏲️ Substitutions & Variations
- Double strawberry popsicles - Swap the regular lemonade for strawberry lemonade for extra strawberry goodness.
- Add-ins and flavor boosters - Add lime zest, lemon zest, orange juice, watermelon juice, more fresh fruit, or berries.
- Creamy strawberry popsicles - Blend the strawberries and lemonade with ½ cup to 1 cup of yogurt. The yogurt helps the frozen strawberry popsicles taste creamy and thick.
- Instead of regular lemonade - Use my roasted strawberry lemonade, make your own custom-flavored lemonade with flavored simple syrup, or buy a storebought flavored lemonade instead. Remember to match the fruit with the flavor as well!
🛠️ Recommended equipment
- Popsicle molds - There are so many popsicle molds to choose from but I’ve found these molds work best when making liquid-based popsicles. If you prefer creamy, yogurt, or milk-based ice cream popsicles, use these molds instead.
- Popsicle sticks - If your molds didn’t come with plastic holds, use wooden popsicle sticks, straws, toothpicks, or plastic cutlery instead.
If you don’t have popsicle molds, make the popsicles in paper or plastic cups, muffin pans, or plastic containers instead. Cover the tops with aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
❓ How long do popsicles last?
The strawberry popsicles can be frozen for 3 to 6 months. They’ll stay fresh and delicious all summer long as long as they’re stored securely in their molds.
More easy and refreshing treats
If you try the recipe for this Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles, please leave a 🌟 review and share your creation with me on social media! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Pinterest - for more delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox, sign up for my newsletter! 📧
Quick & Simple Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- ¾ cup (150 g) Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup (118 g) Water
- ¾ cups (183 g) Lemon Juice
- 3.5 Cups (828 g) Water, to serve
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- 1 lb (453 g) Strawberries, Chopped into pieces
- 3 Cup (708 g) Lemonade, Homemade or Purchased
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove it from heat and allow it to cool completely. You can place the syrup in a container and pop it in the fridge if you'd like to speed up the process.¾ cup Granulated Sugar, ½ cup Water
- Add the water into a pitcher along with your lemon juice and chilled syrup stirring to combine.3.5 Cups Water, ¾ cups Lemon Juice
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles
- Add your chopped strawberries into each of the popsicles cavities until they reach the top of each mold.1 lb Strawberries
- Pour lemonade over the strawberries in each cavity until the liquid reaches the top of the mold.3 Cup Lemonade
- Place the cover on top of the mold and add popsicle sticks before placing it in the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours.
- When you're ready to remove the popsicles from their molds, place the base of the molds under running warm water. This will help the popsicles release from their molds easily when you're ready to enjoy them!