As the holiday season twinkles around us, there's nothing quite like the aroma of a freshly baked Christmas bundt cake filling the kitchen. This festive delight, with its warm spices and inviting flavors, is a heartwarming symbol of holiday cheer and togetherness. Let's embark on a sweet journey to create this beautiful, delicious centerpiece that promises to be the star of your Christmas table.
⭐ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
As I start to plan for the holidays, I immediately start dreaming about the many delicious treats and creations that l want to bake! Cue my Spiced Bundt cake with cream cheese frosting and sugared cranberries! Not only is this bundt cake incredibly moist and rich due to the addition of Challenge Unsalted Butter that I purchased from Safeway, but it's also packed with a spectrum of aromatic spices and topped with creamy frosting.
Make sure to check on your Safeway app for some incredible coupons and deals, then make your way on over to my favorite section of the store… which is of course the butter section! You can get your own packs of Challenge Butter by heading on over to your local Safeway - I've included a discount link below so that you can enjoy baking with Challenge Butter during your own kitchen adventures his holiday season!
Challenge Butter is family farmer-owned and made fresh with sweet cream that has been churned fresh DAILY since 1911!
I’ve used their butter for years now, both in my own kitchen and while baking in the food industry – Challenge Butter would be a lovely addition to your own spice cake creation. This cake is essentially an edible centerpiece for your holiday table as it is incredibly eye-catching and delicious – let’s dive into the details and the process!
🍰 Bundt Cakes
There are so many varieties of bundt pans and cake pans all over the internet that tend to be hiding within the baking section of thrift stores! I always tend to find bundt pans tucked into these bakeware aisles, and these precious pans are just begging me to take them home and bake something.
Another aspect of a bundt cake is its simplicity. As so many cakes are frosted, bundt cakes are usually served without much of anything added. The highlight of the bundt experience is the moist, flavorful cake – sometimes highlighted with a glaze or light amount of frosting on top. Ultimately, a bundt cake just feels fancy. So let’s get to making one!
📖 Step by Step Instructions
The process to make this bundt cake is quite simple and requires the creation of three different items – the spiced bundt cake, cream cheese frosting, and sugared cranberries!
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Beat together the softened butter and cream cheese on medium speed until it’s smooth and somewhat fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides, then add in the powdered sugar slowly and vanilla paste.
- Add hot water one tablespoon at a time until you reach the fluidity that you prefer for glazing your cake. Then you’re now prepared to frost!
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together all your dry ingredients in a medium bowl – the spices, flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- Add all of the wet ingredients and Challenge melted butter into a large bowl and whisk to completely combine. Then, add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add ¼ cup of batter into your greased molds and bake for 16-20 minutes – testing for doneness with a toothpick before removing from the oven.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them. Once completely cool you can spoon, pipe, or dollop a bit of cream cheese frosting on top before enjoying!
- Bring water and sugar to a simmer making sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add cranberries and let the cranberries sit in the sugar syrup for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the cranberries from the syrup and allow them to dry on a paper towel for one to two hours. Note that you can certainly use the cranberry syrup for other purposed – there’s no need to get rid of it!
- Coat the dried berries in granulated sugar and place them on top of the finished spice cake adding pomegranate seeds and flowers for additional garnish!
Use my step-by-step guide to learn how to make your own sugared berries.
*This post has been sponsored by Challenge Butter. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
- Selecting the Perfect Bundt Pan: For a beautiful and festive bundt cake, choose a pan with intricate designs, ensuring to grease and flour it well for easy release.
- Flavor Harmony: Balance the rich taste of chocolate or warm spices in your cake with a simple glaze or cream cheese frosting, adding depth and contrast to the overall flavor.
- Texture and Moistness: To achieve a moist texture, use ingredients like brown sugar or vegetable oil in your batter, and avoid overbaking by checking the cake with a long skewer for doneness.
- Decorative Touches: Elevate your Christmas bundt cake by garnishing with sugared cranberries, a dusting of powdered sugar, or swirls of chocolate ganache, making it the perfect showstopper for any holiday gathering!
How do I ensure my Christmas bundt cake comes out perfectly every time?
For the best results, use a high-quality bundt cake pan, ensure your ingredients like eggs and sour cream are at room temperature, and don’t rush the cooling process—let the cake cool completely on a rack before frosting. This attention to detail is key, whether you're making a chocolate bundt cake, a gingerbread bundt cake, or a classic spiced Christmas cake.
Can I use a boxed cake mix for a quick and delicious holiday bundt cake?
Absolutely! A boxed cake mix can be a perfect busy mom’s recipe. Enhance it by adding unique ingredients like cinnamon or vanilla extract for a festive Christmas bundt cake. Don't forget to add a personal touch with decorations like candy canes or sugared cranberries for that special holiday feel.
What's the secret to a moist and rich Christmas bundt cake?
The secret lies in using moist cake ingredients like sour cream or buttermilk and avoiding overbaking. Bake the cake until a skewer comes out clean, and for an extra touch, add a simple syrup or chocolate glaze for a rich, moist texture that gets rave reviews.
How can I make my Christmas bundt cake stand out at a holiday party?
Focus on the presentation! A beautiful glaze, like a simple cream cheese frosting or a rich chocolate ganache, paired with decorative elements such as fresh berries, festive sprinkles, or a dusting of cocoa powder can transform your cake into an impressive showpiece, perfect for any Christmas party or special occasion.
More cake recipes to try!
If you try the recipe for this Spiced Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, please leave a 🌟 review and share your creation with me on social media! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Pinterest - for more delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox, sign up for my newsletter! 📧
Delicious Christmas Bundt Cake Recipe
- Bundt Cake Pan
Spiced Bundt Cake
- 3 Cups (350 g) Cake Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Allspice
- ½ teaspoon Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup (230 g) Challenge Unsalted Butter, Melted & Cooled
- ¾ Cup (150 g) Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Cup (330 g) Molasses
- ¾ Cup + 1 Tbs (200 g) Porter or Stout
- 2 Large Eggs
Cream Cheese Icing
- ½ Cup (113.5 g) Challenge Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup (227 g) Challenge Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup (120 g) Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Paste
- Hot water as needed
- ½ Cup (118 g) Water
- ½ Cup (100 g) Sugar, for the syrup
- ½ Cup (50 g) Cranberries
- ¼ Cup Sugar, for coating the cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together all your dry ingredients in a medium bowl – the spices, flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.3 Cups Cake Flour, 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger, ½ teaspoon Allspice, ½ teaspoon Cloves, 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamom, 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg, 1 teaspoon Baking Soda, Pinch Salt
- Add the Challenge melted butter, brown sugar, molasses, porter, and eggs into a large bowl and whisk to completely combine. Then, add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.1 Cup Challenge Unsalted Butter, ¾ Cup Brown Sugar, 1 Cup Molasses, ¾ Cup + 1 Tbs Porter or Stout, 2 Large Eggs
- Add batter into your greased bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, testing for doneness with a toothpick before removing it from the oven.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them. Once completely cool you can spoon, pipe, or dollop your cream cheese icing on top before enjoying!
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- Beat together the softened butter and cream cheese on medium speed until it’s smooth and somewhat fluffy.½ Cup Challenge Unsalted Butter, 1 Cup Challenge Cream Cheese
- Scrape down the sides, then add in the powdered sugar slowly and vanilla paste.1 Cup Sifted Powdered Sugar, 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Paste
- Add hot water one tablespoon at a time until you reach the fluidity that you prefer for glazing your cake. Then you’re now prepared to frost!Hot water as needed
- Bring water and sugar to a simmer making sure that the sugar is completely dissolved. Make sure that the simple syrup does not get too hot, otherwise your cranberries will pop open. If your syrup is too warm, set it aside and let it cool for a few moments before moving on.½ Cup Water, ½ Cup Sugar
- Add cranberries and let the cranberries sit in the sugar syrup for 10-15 minutes.½ Cup Cranberries
- Remove the cranberries from the syrup and allow them to dry on a paper towel for one to two hours. Note that you can certainly use the cranberry syrup for other purposes such as a simple syrup for cocktails – there’s no need to get rid of it!
- Coat the dried berries in granulated sugar and place on top of the finished spice cake adding pomegranate seeds and flowers for additional garnish!¼ Cup Sugar