This Coconut Pineapple Margarita is the most refreshing poolside cocktail. Easy to make with 4 tropical ingredients, every sip will have you feeling like you’re on the beach in Mexico!
⭐ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It doesn’t get much more classic than a margarita on summery, sunny days. A refreshing and citrus-loaded Mexican cocktail with tropical flavors, margaritas fit in at all kinds of summer celebrations, pool parties, and backyard get-togethers. This Coconut Pineapple Margarita puts a tropical twist on the classic tequila cocktail and will have you feeling like you’re on vacation!
Just like my Grapefruit and Lime Paloma, this easy coconut margarita is made from refreshing and tropical ingredients that are guaranteed to cool you down in the summer. Coconut tequila is the real star here, taking classic cocktail to the perfect juicy pineapple perfect cocktail!
This flavored tequila saves you from running out to the store for extra ingredients and keeps the margarita-making process a breeze. Shake it up with the 3 other simple ingredients and enjoy your tropical margarita!
- Coconut tequila - I made this pineapple coconut margarita recipe with 1800 Coconut Tequila for a subtle, yet refreshing coconut flavor. If you can’t find coconut-flavored tequila, use 1 ounce of Blanco tequila and 1 ounce of coconut milk instead.
- Pineapple juice - Pineapple and coconut are the tropical dream team! Use any brand of fresh, bottled, or canned pineapple juice you love.
- Fresh Lime juice - Freshly squeezed tart lime juice is always best because it’s naturally acidic, bright, and flavorful.
- Triple sec - Triple sec is an orange liqueur made from dried peels of bitter and sweet oranges. It's an essential ingredient in any classic margarita recipe because it gives each sip refreshingly sweet flavors and a slight bitterness. If you can’t find Triple Sec, another orange liqueur, such as Cointreau and Grand Marnier, will work instead.
- Tajin seasoning salt - I highly recommend keeping Tajin in your cupboard at all times. It’s a smoky, spicy, tangy, and salty seasoning mix from Mexico that I love to use as a substitute for a traditional salt rim or coarse salt. It takes every sip of this margarita and my Tequila Honey Bee Drink to the next level!
- Lime Wedge - For garnish! Fresh pineapple chunks would be great too.
📖 Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Salt the rim. Pour the Tajin seasoning salt onto a plate. Dip the rim of the cocktail glass in water, then into the plate with the seasoning.
Step 2: Shake the cocktail. Pour the coconut tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice, and triple sec into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until the shaker feels cold on the outside.
Step 3: Pour and enjoy! Strain the margarita into your rimmed glass filled with ice, garnish with a lime wheel, and enjoy!
💭 Recipe FAQs
Coconut-flavored tequila is the best choice for this margarita, but Blanco tequila can also be used. Blanco (or silver) tequila has a mild flavor that pairs well with the tart citrus in a classic margarita.
Not a tequila fan? No problem! Replace it with white rum or vodka instead. Either use coconut-flavored alcohol or add 1 ounce of coconut milk to replicate the same flavors as the original recipe.
This recipe makes one cocktail but it can easily be adjusted to serve a crowd. To serve 6 people, use:
1 ½ cups coconut tequila
¾ cup pineapple juice
¾ cup Triple Sec
3 ounces lime juice
Stir everything together in a pitcher and keep it in the fridge until it’s time to serve in Tajin-rimmed glasses with ice.
Replace the pineapple juice with ¼ cup frozen pineapple. Blend everything together with a handful of ice and serve!
You can only freeze frozen blended margaritas (see above). Once blended, pour the frozen coconut pineapple margarita into an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge and blend it again quickly to help maintain its slushy texture.
More summer recipes
If you try the recipe for this Coconut Pineapple Margarita, please leave a 🌟 review and share your creation with me on social media! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Pinterest - for more delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox, sign up for my newsletter! 📧
Coconut & Pineapple Margarita
- Glass for serving
- 2 ounces Coconut Tequila
- 1 ounce Pineapple Juice
- ½ ounce Lime Juice
- 1 ounce Triple Sec
- Tajin Salt
- Lime Wheel, to garnish
- To prepare your salt-rimmed glass, add a bit of water into a shallow bowl with a flat base. Then, add a few teaspoons of the salt of your choice (I used Tajin) onto a plate. Dip the rim of your glass in the water, then coat the rim with salt before setting it aside while you mix your cocktail.Tajin Salt
- In a shaker, combine all ingredients and shake vigorously with ice for 30 seconds.2 ounces Coconut Tequila, 1 ounce Pineapple Juice, ½ ounce Lime Juice, 1 ounce Triple Sec
- Strain into a glass getting rid of the broken ice chips.
- Garnish with a lime wheel before enjoying!Lime Wheel