This Lavash Bread Pizza is the easiest personal pizza or kid’s pizza you’ll ever make. It’s topped with fresh Italian ingredients and ready to eat in under 10 minutes!
⭐ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
You know those days when you have a major pizza craving but you’ve already ordered enough takeout for the week or you don’t feel like making your own pizza dough? This Lavash Bread Pizza recipe is the best solution! It’s quick, easy, and ready to eat in just 10 minutes.
Instead of fussing over homemade dough or cooking fresh tomato sauce, this recipe features storebought lavash flatbread as the base with cheese, basil, balsamic glaze, and hot honey sauce on top. It’s a breeze to assemble and is done cooking in no time, leaving you with a perfect (and fast) personal pizza or kid’s pizza.
❓ What is lavash?
Lavash is a soft and thin flatbread from Armenia. Just like naan and pita bread, lavash is pliable, soft, lightly crisp, and tangy. It’s my bread of choice when making stuffed vegetable wraps!
The traditional way to cook lavash dough is to roll it thin and bake it in a tonir (an Armenian underground clay oven) for just a few seconds. Nowadays, it’s mostly done under the broiler in the oven or in a warm skillet.
This lavash flatbread pizza is upgraded with fresh, Italian-inspired ingredients:
- Lavash bread - Homemade lavash is easy to make at home or you can buy it from well-stocked grocery stores or Armenian markets. I find mine at Trader Joe's! The lavash pieces are cut into a rectangular shape, making it easy to use an entire lavash sheet for the pizza.
- Pizza sauce - Any jarred storebought sauce will work well. Not too much or the pizza will be soggy! To make a white flatbread pizza, substitute the tomato sauce for garlic sauce or caesar dressing.
- Mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese - Using both makes this pizza extra delectable and adds more complexity.
- Basil - Fresh basil is always best.
- Balsamic glaze - For a garnish.
- Hot honey - This sweet and spicy sauce is one of the best pizza toppings of all time! Homemade hot honey is easy to make at home using honey, sugar, and spicy peppers. It’s fantastic not only on pizza but on cornbread, fried chicken, biscuits, and more.
- Pizza Stone - This is optional but allows for an evenly cooked, crisper pizza crust.
- Pizza Cutter - Or use a sharp knife to slice the pizza.
📖 How to make a lavash bread pizza
This is an easy homemade personal pizza recipe you can turn to at a moment’s notice. Here’s how it’s done:
Step 1: Add the toppings. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan over the lavash.
Step 2: Bake. Bake the pizza in the oven, a toaster oven, or an air fryer until the cheese has melted and the edges of the lavash are golden.
Step 3: Garnish and serve. Sprinkle fresh basil and more parmesan over the baked pizza. Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and hot honey, then slice and serve.
🍕 More pizza topping ideas
Before you go crazy with all kinds of toppings, be aware that this thin crust pizza can’t handle too much weight without becoming soggy or falling apart. Therefore, stick to only a handful of lighter, fresher, and low moisture toppings and garnishes, such as:
❓ Can you make it ahead of time?
I don’t recommend it. This thin crust flatbread is meant to be made and eaten fresh, otherwise, it will be quite soggy!
Looking for more easy dinner or lunch recipes?
If you try this recipe for Lavash Bread Pizza, please leave a 🌟 review and share your creation with me on social media! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Pinterest - for more delicious recipes sent straight to your inbox, sign up for my newsletter! 📧
Lavash Bread Pizza
- 1 Piece Lavash bread
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Basil, chiffonade (finely cut in thin slices)
- Drizzle of Balsamic Glaze
- Drizzle of Hot Honey Sauce
- Spread pizza sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese on top of the lavash bread.1 Piece Lavash bread, ½ cup Pizza Sauce, ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella, ¼ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bake at 400F for 6-8 minutes on a pizza stone or until the cheese has melted and the edges of the lavash are golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil, parmesan, balsamic glaze and hot honey before cutting & serving!¼ cup Basil, Drizzle of Balsamic Glaze, Drizzle of Hot Honey Sauce
- Black olives
- Dried oregano and parsley
- Sauteed spinach
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Pesto sauce
- Diced ham
- Red onion
- Burrata cheese
- Goat cheese
- Roasted garlic